Rules & Proposed Rule Changes
Renters Privileges of Montecito Amenities
(1) Property Owners who rent out or lease out their residential unit(s) in the District shall have the right to designate the Renter of their residential unit(s) as the beneficial users of the Property Owners Amenity Facilities privileges.
(2) In order for the Renter to be entitled to use the Amenity Facilities, the Renter must complete the Non Resident user application and sign the accompanying agreement. The Annual User Fee will then be waived for the Renter. A Renter who is designated as the beneficial user of the Resident’s membership shall be entitled to the same rights and privileges to use the Amenity Facilities as the Resident.
(3) During the period when a Renter is designated as the beneficial user of the Property Owner’s privilege to use the Amenity Facilities, the Property Owner shall not be entitled to use the Amenity Facilities with respect to that property.
(4) Property Owners shall be responsible for all charges incurred by their Renters which remain unpaid after the customary billing and collection procedure established by the District. Property Owners are responsible for the behavior of their respective Renter.
(5) If such individuals reside with the Property Owner, the Property Owner shall be required to add, to the Amenity Center Registration Form, the names of all individuals who reside in the Property Owner’s home, whether as a result of a rental agreement, lease, or any other agreement, and the Property Owner shall be held financially responsible for any and all damage to District property caused by any of the individuals who reside in the Property Owner’s home. Such individuals will not be issued additional Facility Access Cards.
(6) Renters shall be subject to such other rules and regulations as the Board may adopt from time to time.