Lake Fishing at Montecito
Montecito has a six beautiful lakes for fishing. The lakes are located through out the neighborhood.Please read the Fishing and Lake Policy information below.
Available for use Dawn to Dusk.
Eligible Users for Fishing
Patrons and Guests sixteen (16) years of age and older are permitted to fish in the lakes/retention ponds within the District. Anyone under sixteen (16) years of age must be accompanied by a Patron when fishing.
- Patrons and Guests fishing in these bodies of water shall remove and properly dispose of all garbage, fishing line, hooks and all other materials/supplies
- The District requests that everyone respect their fellow neighbors/property owners and access the lakes/retention ponds through the proper access points.
- The District has a catch and release policy for all fish and any other aquatic wildlife caught in the lakes/retention ponds, requiring that any fish or other aquatic wildlife caught immediately be returned to the District’s lake/retention ponds from where it was caught.
- The purpose of the lakes/retention ponds is to help facilitate the District’s natural water system for runoff and overflow. Anyone who violates this provision does so at their own risk.
- No watercraft except authorized maintenance vehicles, vessels or equipment are allowed in the lake/retention ponds.Any violation of this policy will be reported to the local authorities.
- Swimming and wading are prohibited in all of the lakes/retention ponds. Please use the pool at the Amenity Center for swimming activities.
- Patrons who have a Guest are responsible for any and all actions taken by such Guest. Violation by a Guest of any Policies as set forth by the District could result in loss of that Patron’s privileges.
- Each Patron may bring no more than five (5) persons, on a per residential unit basis, as guests to the Amenities at one time unless the Patron has reserved a room at the Amenity Center and has paid the required usage fee. In the event the Patron has rented a room at the Amenity Center, the number of Guests shall be limited by the room or pavilion policies.
- Patrons must be present when their Guests are using any of the Amenity Facilities.
Please note that the Amenity Facilities are unattended facilities. Persons using the Amenity Facilities do so at their own risk. Additional staff members are not present to provide personal training, exercise consultation or athletic instruction, unless otherwise noted, to Patrons or Guests. Persons interested in using the Amenity Facilities are encouraged to consult with a physician prior to commencing a fitness program.
Emergencies: After contacting 911 if required, all emergencies and injuries at or in the vicinity of an Amenity Facility shall be reported to the office of the District Manager.